We offer heirloom & heritage grown seeds varieties, that have been long forgotten in our modern world and cannot be found in commercial shops or gardening catalogues.
As we are whanau farming collective group growing and producing products for NZ conditions. We are operating from our farms to your door directly. We supply home gardeners, commercial and wholesale.
Our motivation for offering interesting and unusual items from our “core purpose”, and that is to be the catalyst that:
- Creates/promises excitement in the world of flowers, vegetables, bulbs, tubers, etc., taking ordinary gardens to beautiful, bountiful, inspirational and memorable gardens.
- Delivers our products of premium quality-bred varieties that “succeed” through optimum performance, through consistently reliable production.
Despite the harsh climate of New Zealand, we grow and harvest all the plants on our family farm's in harmony with nature. Our family has been growing vegetables for more than 4 generations in New Zealand. It has been our work and passion. We love to share our knowledge and expertise with our valued customers and are always happy to answer questions. We specialize in cultivating rare and unique varieties, well suited for cooler climates, as well as traditional varieties. Our selection has expanded each year as we choose new varieties to grow.
Each year we have been seeking out and adding new products to cater for everyone’s individual style, enabling you to continue to grow and develop your garden into that masterpiece you see in your mind’s eye.
Many seeds grown at Chianti Gardens are open-pollinated. Consequently, occasional variations may occur and we cannot be held responsible other than for the replacement of your original order only.
In the unlikely event of crop failure or other seed deficiency, which must be confirmed by seed trials here, the liability of Chianti Gardens shall not under any conditions exceed the value of the seed in question and will not be held responsible for your failure.
Incorrect Seed Identity
All seeds are tested for acceptable germination, but the element of time makes it impracticable to grow each crop on to full flowering for accurate identification, especially with slow-maturing perennial plants and/ or tubers and/or bulbs. We are always understanding and sympathetic should this happen, but must stress that the strict limit of our liability is to either replace your purchase but no refund. We regret that we can only supply our products with this proviso - to your original order.
Terms & Conditions
1. All prices are GST inclusive.
2. There is no minimum order, however all orders are subject to a postage/handling fee additional to the cost of product(s), whether it be 1 packet or 100 packets of seed / tubers / bulbs, etc. Please note there are different delivery costs depending on the type of seeds ordered and the quantities. We can combine an order, please contact us on email: email@example.com for a quotation of delivery cost.
3. No cheques will be accepted due to our banks requirements.
4. We will accept “Internet Banking” as a payment method. We will be in contact with our bank account details after you have submitted your order. When placing your order, payment must be made immediately or by special arrangements by email.
5. The supply of goods is subject to availability. Unless instructions are given otherwise, the best available substitute will be sent. If no suitable substitute is possible, or if you specifically request it, a credit or refund will be provided only for the product sent, not the delivery fee.
6. Information given in this web site, is to the best of our knowledge, supplied in good faith with the best of intentions and should be used for general guidance only. Please remember environmental factors can affect plant growth.
7. All orders and enquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e‑mail and/or billing address provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
9. You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and for all purchases made at our online store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and addresses, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed. We don’t take no responsibility to incorrect address for delivery this is solely made by yourselves.
10. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e‑mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party. False information including false names will mean a cancellation of your order & further action maybe taken from us. If no communication nor payment is made within 5 working days from your order date, your order will be automatically cancel and we reserve the right to block your further attempts.
Visit our website - www.chiantigardens.com. This is a great way to shop! You are able to view our web site online and generally will know if any particular items are currently unavailable as this will be notified on site. Once in stock it will be stated “available”.
Payment can made by internet banking.
Another great benefit of ordering online is the ability to start browsing and then continue at your leisure.
Privacy & Communication
The privacy of your customer data and orders is extremely important to us. We will not disclose or sell your customer data to any third party and your details are not stored anywhere on our premises. If we encounter issues processing your order, we may contact you using your provided email address.
Ordering By Email
When emailing you may simply let us know what you would like in the body of the email. It is helpful if you do a separate line for each item, and don’t forget to give us your delivery address. For payment on emailing we accept internet banking. If you are comfortable emailing we suggest you try our website to send your orders instead. This is safe, secure and so much more efficient. When emailing, send orders to email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact us for any assistance
Summary of Accepted Payment Types
Internet Banking. Please supply full details, such as your name, address, phone number, your bank and order details once you make payment. These can then be matched to your online order(s). Without this information in full there will be a delay in setting your order which we won’t be responsible for.
For normal delivery other than Combine Orders and/or Bare Rooted Plants, please allow up to 10 days pending on peak times, we do endeavour to dispatch between 2 to 10 days normally once payment is cleared. Please supply correct address on the Order Form. "High Demand Periods", delivery maybe "extend", please be patient with our team. We are dispatching as fast as we can. Always supply the correct address as this will help in delivery with our couriers. If you are on "Back Order or Pre Order", these will occur when product is available then will be dispatched.
Delivery Times for Combined Orders and/or Bare Rooted Plants
For these types of dispatch orders are done between Monday and Wednesday's only as per instructions from our courier's. On combine orders and/ or bare root plants are delivered before the end of the week and are not held up over the weekend.
Our courier service provider is Aramex (Fastway) or Courier post. Delivery times normally 2 to 5 days please allow extra 1-2 days extra for rural delivery or for any other areas not currently covered by theses’ services please allow up to 5 working days extra or subject please check the courier companies websites for up dated delivery times.
Physical delivery addresses is required - we will not deliver to a PO Box nor Private Bag.
Whilst we do endeavour to accommodate statutory holidays, it is not always possible. We will take every bit of care to ensure that your order(s) are protected from any transport delays where possible.
Any parcels that contain bare rooted plants are labelled as containing living plants. We also mark them as Fragile. Aramex and Courier post consider plants to be a perishable product and will automatically leave the parcel in as safe and secure position as possible should there be no one at home. They will also follow any delivery instructions provided. For your plants' safety, we strongly recommend that you provide delivery instructions if you foresee any issues this is your responsibility not Chianti Gardens.
Delivery Costs (Fees & Conditions)
Seed Delivery Cost: A set fee of $7.00 postage/handling fee for urban areas nationwide North Island and South Island's only. Any other part of New Zealand please contact us by email for quotation courier cost. The postage / handling fee is courier and our service for packing your order, we endeavoring to save you money where we can. However we do have to charge you a minimum fee on handling this can be from $2.00.
Two New Courier Services: Regular Courier & Overnight Courier subject to Conditions within this clause. Please note they are subject to be set by Courier Post. Please state on the point of Ordering which service you are seeking, Chianti Gardens will not be response of any changes this includes fees and dates of delivery. Dates of Deliver are set by Courier Post. We can use other Courier Companies and quote you with their costings.
Seed Rural Delivery Cost: Are not set by Chianti Gardens they set by Courier Post. Which as quoted on top of the delivery fee. These are mention when you declare your order if you are in a rural zone. As address zones are been changed in some parts of New Zealand please sure on ordering you do state the correct address RD zone code.
Overnight Courier Service: Pending on the time of the order, a overnight courier delivery can be made. But cut off time of ordering with be noon of that date of order, giving our team time to dispatch. Please note there is a different courier post handling fee for this. Please contact us by email for quotation courier cost. However this is only for urban deliveries not Rural.
Seed Potatoes, Strawberries bare-rooted, Tubers and / or Bulbs please email us for Courier Quotation Cost as these will be different from seed orders.
Bulk orders can be made, please contact us on email for Courier Quotation Cost as these will be different from normal orders.
For orders over 10kgs OR Combine Orders: Email your order to us and we will process this for you manually instead as we need to calculate the deliver cost. Alternatively, you can place several orders, ensuring they are under 10kg each and you will be charged the standard delivery cost for each order. This is sometimes the cheapest option. We do combine our orders from seeds, seed potatoes, strawberries bare-rooted, tubers and or bulbs these types of orders are emailed to us, so can get the correct delivery fee to you. However we will not accepted order’s and reserve the right to cancel an order if this is not declare correctly.